Monday was Memorial Day in the United States — the day/weekend usually considered the beginning of summer. A friend recently told me that we are supposed to have a hot summer here in Lithuania. If this week is any indication, we will — high temperatures hit 28C (84F) three days in a row.
This week also marks the beginning of my last three months in Lithuania. It’s difficult to believe that I’ve been here nine months already; time sure flies when you are having fun. I bought my ticket back to Seattle this week and suddenly my departure from Lithuania feels very imminent. Fortunately I work well under a deadline so hopefully this will help me focus and be productive. I have a print out of my priority to-do list on my desk and I am trying to check off at least one item each day.
Accomplishments this week include:
- Finalized and submitted Baltic Studies Conference paper
- Drafted presentation for Baltic Studies Conference
- Found a Soviet-era novel about hippies at a used bookstore
- Transcribed an interview conducted in English
- Conducted two interviews
- Scheduled more interviews
- Looked up a few more pieces of information at the National Library